XIV International Destellos Competition
on Electroacoustic Music – 2021/22
Extended deadline : February 1st. /2022
The Foundation Destellos, call for works for the fourteenth Competition of Electro-acoustic Composition. For the reasons of budget, this year the contest will be open exclusively to Acousmatic works.
The call is open to composers of any nationality, age and gender.
Will be attributed a first prize of 600 American dollars and second prizes consisting in collections of CD of electroacoustic music offered by: Akusma<Motus, (France), Foundation Phonos (Spain) and Musiques et Recherches,( Belgium).
The call is open till 1st. February 2022.
Guidelines and submission form in:
1. The call is open to composers of any nationality, age and gender.
2.Each candidate can send only one work, not been published for commercial purposes or prized before. It is recommended to get off the piece of any web site (ex. YouTube, SoundCloud etc).
3. Participants must pay a contribution bonus, which will be allocated to management and advertising expenses of an amount of 20USD. Payment must be made through PayPal, using the "faire un don" button located on the home page of the website: www.fundestellos.org
4. Will be accepted stereophonic and multitrack works up to 11' duration.
5. The participants will have to register, sending a .ZIP folder containing :
a. The submission form (attached below) properly completed by computer, preserving the format. Manuscript forms will not be accepted.
b. Certificate of the PayPal payment. IF YOU SEND THE PAYMENT BY ORDER OF A THIRD PERSON, PLEASE INDICATE IT ON YOUR SUBMISSION.
c. The audio files, with the title of the piece, must be send in mp3 (320kbps-high quality). Multitrack pieces must be sent : 1) a stereo version 2) the separated files.
d. Send a link to the folder by Google Drive, Dropbox or similar to: firstname.lastname@example.org
The name of author/s should not be included in the audio support. Please don't send audio materials by email.
10. The Submission that don't fill ALL the requirements established in this guidelines, will be rejected, and the payment will not be returned.
11. The works will not be returned and will be kept in the archives of the Foundation.
12. Prize winners of the two earlier Destellos Competition cannot participate, neither members of the jury and their families.
13. The works must be sent before February 1st, 2022
14. The jury will be integrated by recognized international members.
15. The jury has the right to declare the prize deserted and give one or more mentions, also to design an "ex-æquo" prize to works of the same quality level.
16. The foundation has the right to postdate, to annul or to modify the rules of the competition at any moment. All changes will be published at the time.
17. The prizewinners are engaged to write the mention "Prix Destellos 2021" in all concert programs that include the work. The authors must inform the Foundation of the public presentations of the prized work.
18. Participants who do not meet ALL of the requirements set out in these rules will be canceled and the payment will not be refunded.
19. Candidates are asked to accept all the conditions of these regulations.
Download submission form here